Garden Trends are a multi-channel retailer in the garden and leisure industry, selling barbecues, garden furniture, Wellington Boots and seasonal products. Our business is generated through our retail showrooms and online sales using many suppliers with a large product range.
We're looking for a keen and energetic retail person to join our fun customer-friendly sales team at our store in Ladds Garden Village, Hare Hatch, Reading, Berkshire. You'll be working in a busy environment with a get-stuck-in attitude. You'll be selling high-value items where customers demand attention to detail.
You'll be rostered in to work 45 hours per week and, because our stores are also open 7 days a week, usually from 8am-6pm, we can offer various shift options.
Starting salary £22,000 - £26,000.
- Support the Showroom Manager in maximising sales and profitability
- Drive customer sales
- Provide excellent customer service
- Acquire a good working knowledge of the product range
- Merchandising, organizing and managing stock, ensuring all stock areas are well maintained, tidy and replenished to correct levels
- Support the Store Manager and colleagues
- Ensure that daily tasks are completed and follow procedures in a timely manner
- This role can be physically demanding
The above is a broad definition of the job responsibilities. It does not take into account every aspect of the job because of the areas of flexibility, which the job holder may be required to perform.
- Experience within retail would be a great advantage
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organised
- Self-motivation with a 'can do’ attitude
- Hardworking and able to work to set deadlines
- Professional, positive, organised and enthusiastic approach
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- This is a very physical, active role
What you'll get in return:
- 28 days holiday
- Staff discount
- Company Pension Scheme available
The principal aim of Garden Trends is to provide all customers with a highly professional, efficient and courteous service, delivered by highly motivated and experienced staff.
This is a fantastic time to join the company and make a difference from day one. Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please send a CV with covering letter and the source of the advertisement.
We regret that we will only be able to contact candidates shortlisted for interview. If you haven't heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, you should assume you have not been successful, but we thank you for your interest in our company.
Strictly no agencies