Garden Trends are a multi-channel retailer in the garden and leisure industry, selling barbecues, garden furniture, Wellington Boots and seasonal products. Our business is generated through our retail showrooms and online sales using many suppliers with a large product range.
We are looking for a keen and energetic person to join our team. You’ll be working as part of a small team in a friendly yet busy environment with a get-stuck-in attitude. This is a very manual role.
You will be based at our Warehouse in Twyford, Reading, Berkshire. You'll be delivering heavy and bulky items to customers for our Reading, Berkshire and Bordon, Hampshire stores.
You'll be rostered in to work 45 hours per week and, because our stores are also open 7 days a week, usually from 8am-6pm, we can offer various shift options.
Starting from £11 - £13 per hour.
- Picking/Packing: using order sheets to pick products, pack correctly, and complete all necessary paper work ready for dispatch to customers
- Loading/unloading vehicles
- Ensuring the van is tidied out and presentable
- Being the friendly-face of Garden Trends to customers
- Ensure that daily tasks are completed and follow procedures in a timely manner
- Everyday supervision of health and safety regulations adhered to and any issues reported to management
- This role is physically demanding and you must be willing to work overtime when required
- Quality assurance and bringing faulty or damaged stock or delivery discrepancies to the attention of the Manager
The above is a broad definition of the job responsibilities. It does not take into account every aspect of the job because of the areas of flexibility, which the job holder may be required to perform.
- Full UK clean driving license
- Experience within logistics or delivery driving would be a great advantage
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organised
- Self-motivation with a 'can do’ attitude
- Hardworking and able to work to set deadlines
- Professional, positive, organised and enthusiastic approach
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- This is a very physical, active role
The principal aim of Garden Trends is to provide all customers with a highly professional, efficient and courteous service, delivered by highly motivated and experienced staff.
This is a fantastic time to join the company and make a difference from day one. Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please send a CV with covering letter and the source of the advertisement.
We regret that we will only be able to contact candidates shortlisted for interview. If you haven't heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, you should assume you have not been successful, but we thank you for your interest in our company.
Strictly no agencies